District M is looking for a senior business development executive with significant experience and established relationships in the online publisher industry. This executive will be focused on representing District M and our BoostTM suite of products to a specific group of top tier publishers. The focus of this role will be to develop strategic, long term publisher relationships that leverage District M publisher solutions to drive increased revenue performance across clients’ digital media assets.
This person will be a critical member of the District M team; responsible for establishing and maintaining publisher relationships, advocating internally on behalf of the publisher partner, and contributing to thought leadership that both improves the position of District M in the industry and establishes a trusted advisor relationship with our publisher partners.
The ideal candidate will be expected to leverage their prior publisher and industry insights to help contribute to ongoing enhancement and improvement of the District M solution suite, refine our value proposition, and improve our understanding of the markets in which we compete. They will be expected to bring with them a strong understanding of various publisher revenue models and business objectives, and be comfortable managing long term, consultative, sales cycles.
Ideally, you’ve previously worked at either an ad technology company, monetization solution provider (such as a network, SSP, or exchange) or been a senior revenue and/or ad operations manager from a digital media publisher. You understand the digital media landscape, have established relationships, and a passion working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment in which you can make an impact and contribute to success as we continue to grow globally.
- 3-6 years experience in sales, bringing a deep knowledge of the digital media ecosystem, publishers, their business, and their business objectives.
- Proven ability to identify and create innovative publisher revenue solutions utilizing programmatic techniques and technology.
- The ability to lead all aspects of a strategic publisher engagement through a consultative sales process and long-term business relationship; including executive level meetings and solution selling, business development discussions, contract negotiations, account planning, technology planning, and long term opportunity identification.
- A proven track record of effective sales prospecting, meeting or exceeding established sales goals, developing and executing business strategy and leading successful partnerships with top tier publishers.
- Exhibit a strong knowledge of the supply-side ecosystem, business models, ad serving, ad exchanges, RTB, header bidding and general programmatic monetization solutions.
- Experience working with business support and delivery teams across a diverse organization and a do-it-yourself if necessary start-up attitude.
- Established and trusted relationships with Comscore 1,000 publishers at the decision-making level.
- Ability to identify opportunities for technical innovation and provide actionable insights to our product and technology teams
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, along with strong business judgment.
- Superior written, presentation & oral communication skills.
- High energy, self motivated and passionate about working in a fast paced start up environment. Comfortable with a dynamic, high change company and industry.
- BA/BS degree required, graduate degree and/or engineering degree preferred.
- Clear understanding of the supply side ecosystem, techniques and technology for inventory management and monetization
- Strong sales pipeline development, prospecting and closing skills
- Proficient communication and presentation skills; including use of verbal, written and presentation tools such as PowerPoint
- Highly organized, self-starter and goal oriented
- Analytic and creative modeling skills
- BA/BS minimum college/university degree
- 2-5 years of strategic selling and business development with proven and relevant results
- Strong understanding of the digital media ecosystem; competition, technology and techniques
- Proficiency in contract negotiation and business proposal structuring
- Working knowledge of Microsoft CRM (or similar), PowerPoint, Excel